BUSINESS PROCESS MODELLER / ANALYST
BUSINESS PROCESS MODELLER / ANALYST
An exciting opportunity to join an experienced team providing a wide variety of IT solutions and services enabled through effective business process, business intelligence modelling and analysis with scope to broaden into solution development.
Permanent Position only.
You will be…
- Able to interpret complex processes, produce high quality output, analysis & insights and effectively interface between the data scientists and solution architects.
- Able to interact effectively and appropriately with public sector clients.
- A systems thinker with a strong logical insight.
- Someone with an awareness of relevant methods and tools including business process modelling methods and notations.
- Someone with experience of applying business processes / business intelligence in support of solutions.
- Someone who is comfortable with using toolsets such as Creatio / Sparx enterprise architect and/or equivalent tools.
- A graduate with a strong numeracy content.
- Adaptive and Flexible in your style with proven persuasion and effective challenge
- Someone comfortable working with uncertainty and regular changes in priority.
- Someone with a strong attention to detail.
- Be willing to fully engage, be supportive and take on the challenges of working cross- functionally with a wide variety of tasks and clients.
- In this role, you are likely to be working with approaches such as …
– Business Process Modelling (BPM)
– Enterprise Architectures and frameworks (such as TOGAF)
– Tools such as Archimate, Sparx Enterprise Architect, MooD and other life-cycle management toolsets
You will have …
- Strong analytical skills for performance analysis and reporting.
- Proven business process modelling capability.
- Degree (or equivalent) in numerate subjects such as, Mathematic, Engineering, Statistics or Physics.
- Confident and familiar with a range of tools such as Excel, Sparx EA, Creatio or similar.
- Strong client-centred stakeholder management.
- The willingness and ability to gain UK Security Clearance (SC) as a minimum.
- Willingness to take managed risks and assess impact effectively.
- Comfortable in inviting challenge and where appropriate involving others in decision making.
- The ability to identify and address team or individual capability requirements and gaps to deliver current and future work
- Some database development skills such as experience with object-oriented databases and structured query languages.
- Modelling and architectural skills and wide range of toolset experience.
- Experience of application of Business Process Engineering in Defence & Security or other Public Sector
CULTURAL FIT CRITERIA
Seeing the Big Picture
- An ability to focus on the goals and overall intent rather than just individual tasks.
- Taking an active interest in expanding your own knowledge.
Changing and Improving
- Taking the initiative to suggest ideas for improvement of yours or others’ approaches in an appropriate way.
- Learning new procedures and seeking to exploit new technologies and helping colleagues to do the same.
Making Effective Decisions
- An ability to speak with relevant people in order to obtain the most accurate information and seek advice when unable to proceed.
- Monitor and store critical data securely and accurately, confidentially and responsibly.
Leading and Communicating
- Listen to, understand, respect and accept the value of different views, ideas and ways of working.
- Put forward your own ideas in a clear and constructive manner, choosing an appropriate communication method.
Collaborating and Partnering
- Readily identify opportunities to share knowledge, information and learning and make progress by working with others, and other organisations.
- Proactively seek others with whom collaboration would deliver benefit.
Building Capability for All
- Take responsibility for quality of your own work and seek opportunities for improvement through continuous improvement.
- Take account of the diverse contributions of team members.
Achieving Commercial Outcomes
- Recognise factors which contribute to achievement of commercial outcome and proactively support them.
- Gather and use evidence to assess the costs, benefits and risks of a range of delivery options.
Delivering value for money
- Understand that all actions have a cost and choose the most effective way to do something in a resource efficient way.
- Handle numbers confidently, collating information ensuring accuracy of data.
Managing a Quality Service
- Work with team to set priorities, create clear plans and manage own work to meet the needs of the delivery teams.
- Communicate in a way which meets and anticipates the customer’s requirements and promotes an effective view of SVGC.
SOME REASONS TO JOIN SVGC
- Opportunity to play a significant part within a small business.
- Joining unique projects to learn, grow and excel, by learning on-the-job, learning from others and through formal learning.
- Work in a supportive culture with access to a wide range of people to support your development – with professional qualifications and mentoring to help you steer your career in your chosen direction.
- Be at the heart of the digital revolution in globally important organisations.
- Earn a competitive salary, with 28 days holiday plus bank holidays and the ability to design a flexible benefits package to meet your personal needs
- SVGC is based in Wiltshire but you will be operating partly from home and partly in various locations on the M4 corridor and likely visits to Milton Keynes and London.
- SVGC provides and active approach to professional development with a centrally funded budget including full scope of EdX courses available to all our staff.
- Coaching and mentoring is provided utilising the best experience across our collaborative partnership to provide a wide range of formal and informal accelerated development.
- Entitlement to join the company Medical Insurance scheme.
- Additional Health related benefits.
- IT and Mobile Phone.
- Starting Salary (employed) SVGC D2 to E1 grade (£40,600 to £50,750) based on individual skills and experience.
- Entitlement to join the company Pension scheme.
- Company performance bonus scheme.
HOW CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED
- Work history review
- Triage Interview followed by 2nd interview including presentation on relevant topic
Technical criteria: 50%
Cultural criteria: 30%
Please make an initial application using the form below. You will then be contacted to request any additional information including your CV.