DATA SCIENTIST – ANALYTICS
DATA SCIENTIST – ANALYTICS
An exciting opportunity to join an experienced team providing senior Data Science support for significant public sector digital transformation.
Permanent Position only.
You will be…
- Part of a collaborative team carrying out the design, architecture and development of customer solutions using problem solving and applying your skills and knowledge.
- Providing technical expertise in developing intelligent systems using advanced data analytics capabilities, including machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Confident in the provision of real-time business intelligence solutions within the digital transformation of business performance and reporting.
- Experienced with Azure and AWS and in their use for the development of strategic business solutions, including required data warehousing, database solutions, ETL, ELT and data pipelines/feeds.
- Supporting bids for new work in areas involving data analytics and intelligent systems, writing proposals and providing estimates in line with the company process.
- Building relationships with customers, gathering requirements and providing advice on business processes and potential solutions.
- Liaising with academic and other organisations to advance collaborative innovative solutions.
- Be willing to fully engage, be supportive and take on the challenges of working cross- functionally with a wide variety of interactions.
- Identifying and developing suitable and relevant methods and software products.
- Able to build your own network of contacts, share your knowledge and network for mutual benefit, be a fast learner, be willing to make mistakes and get things done.
- A Thought Leader – we want you to be inspiring and in return we will offer the freedom to turn your ideas into reality.
You will have …
- Have a degree in a numerate discipline with a significant statistical component. Significant experience in the use of PowerBI, as well as Tableau and/or similar.
- Be proficient in more than one of; Python, R, Java, C, C++, Scala, as well as using query languages such as NOSQL, Hive, Pig.
- Significant experience with the deployment of data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Have experience within a team environment working collaboratively to deliver outcomes.
- Strong data and demonstrable analysis and analytical problem solving skills Strong presentational skills – confident and persuasive.
- Have a good writing ability – able to produce high quality material in a short period Self-starter at learning new skills and adapting/applying them to the environment.
- Strong, demonstrable, rapid written and verbal communication skills, particularly in being able to explain complex topics to a less technical audience.
- The willingness and ability to gain UK Security Clearance (SC) as a minimum. Willingness to take managed risks and assess impact effectively.
- Demonstrable proficiency in large scale data mapping, migration, enrichment, profiling, and querying.
- Have excellent understanding of advanced analytical methods, machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Strong Excel knowledge would be an advantage. Some SQL knowledge would help.
CULTURAL FIT CRITERIA
Seeing the Big Picture
- An ability to focus on the goals and overall intent rather than just individual tasks.
- Taking an active interest in expanding your own knowledge.
Changing and Improving
- Taking the initiative to suggest ideas for improvement of yours or others’ approaches in an appropriate way.
- Learning new procedures and seeking to exploit new technologies and helping colleagues to do the same.
Making Effective Decisions
- An ability to speak with relevant people in order to obtain the most accurate information and seek advice when unable to proceed.
- Monitor and store critical data securely and accurately, confidentially and responsibly.
Leading and Communicating
- Listen to, understand, respect and accept the value of different views, ideas and ways of working.
- Put forward your own ideas in a clear and constructive manner, choosing an appropriate communication method.
Collaborating and Partnering
- Readily identify opportunities to share knowledge, information and learning and make progress by working with others, and other organisations.
- Proactively seek others with whom collaboration would deliver benefit.
Building Capability for All
- Take responsibility for quality of your own work and seek opportunities for improvement through continuous improvement.
- Take account of the diverse contributions of team members.
Achieving Commercial Outcomes
- Recognise factors which contribute to achievement of commercial outcome and proactively support them.
- Gather and use evidence to assess the costs, benefits and risks of a range of delivery options.
Delivering value for money
- Understand that all actions have a cost and choose the most effective way to do something in a resource efficient way.
- Handle numbers confidently, collating information ensuring accuracy of data.
Managing a Quality Service
- Work with team to set priorities, create clear plans and manage own work to meet the needs of the delivery teams.
- Communicate in a way which meets and anticipates the customer’s requirements and promotes an effective view of SVGC.
SOME REASONS TO JOIN SVGC
- Opportunity to play a significant part within a small business.
- Joining unique projects to learn, grow and excel, by learning on-the-job, learning from others and through formal learning.
- Work in a supportive culture with access to a wide range of people to support your development – with professional qualifications and mentoring to help you steer your career in your chosen direction.
- Be at the heart of the digital revolution in globally important organisations.
- Earn a competitive salary, with 28 days holiday plus bank holidays and the ability to design a flexible benefits package to meet your personal needs.
- SVGC is based in Wiltshire but you will be operating partly from home and partly in various locations in the South of England.
- SVGC provides and active approach to professional development with a centrally funded budget including full scope of EdX courses available to all our staff.
- Coaching and mentoring is provided utilising the best experience across our collaborative partnership to provide a wide range of formal and informal accelerated development.
- Entitlement to join the company Medical Insurance scheme.
- Additional Health related benefits.
- IT and Mobile Phone.
- Starting Salary (employed) SVGC F1 grade (£55,825 to £60,900) based on individual skills.
- Entitlement to join the company Pension scheme.
- Company performance bonus scheme.
HOW CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED
- Work history review
- Triage Interview followed by 2nd interview including presentation on relevant topic
Technical criteria: 50%
Cultural criteria: 30%
Please make an initial application using the form below. You will then be contacted to request any additional information including your CV.