IT SOLUTION ARCHITECT AND MANAGEMENT
IT SOLUTION ARCHITECT AND MANAGEMENT
An exciting opportunity to join an experienced team with responsibility for elements of a significant public sector deployment of IT solutions and systems enabling bespoke software. Working from home but with several days per week likely in Milton Keynes working with full- stack software developers.
Permanent Position only.
You will be…
- A graduate with a strong mathematical background likely to have a degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Informatics or similar.
- Someone who can support design, establish, manage, and maintain client-centred advanced IT systems both air-gapped and secure private cloud solutions for our portfolio of clients.
- Innovative, self-starting and interested in continuously learning and applying new technologies and techniques.
- Comfortable managing software solutions both within the company and deployed for client solutions.
- Equally comfortable working with legacy technologies and problem solving across legacy and novel solution architectures.
- Be willing to fully engage, be supportive and take on the challenges of working cross- functionally with a wide variety.
- Able to build your own network of contacts, share your knowledge and network for mutual benefit, be a fast learner, be willing to make mistakes and get things done.
- A Thought Leader – we want you to be inspiring and in return we will offer the freedom to turn your ideas into reality.
You will have …
- 2.1 or higher degree in numerate subjects such as, Mathematic, Statistics, Data Science or Physics, ideal role for candidates with a BSc, MSc or PhD.
- The willingness and ability to gain UK Security Clearance (SC) as a minimum.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Confident and familiar with a range of system virtualisation methods e.g., VMWare/Hyper-V.
- Experience and understanding of Agile principles and frameworks Strong data and demonstrable analysis and analytical skills.
- Strong requirements management skills.
- Demonstrable experience in whole-life system design, implementation, and delivery including production of supporting documentation including HLDs, LLDs and DDDs.
- Experience in developing and conducting test and acceptance events.
- Confident and familiar with Server architectures with strong cyber and physical security requirements.
- Strong configuration control approach and pro-active approach to system documentation.
- Knowledge of Open system and software architectures Experience in managing small- to mid-size cross-functional team.
- Software virtualisation e.g., Docker.
- Artificial Intelligence solutions including GPU architectures. DevOps/Software development experience.
CULTURAL FIT CRITERIA
Seeing the Big Picture
- An ability to focus on the goals and overall intent rather than just individual tasks.
- Taking an active interest in expanding your own knowledge.
Changing and Improving
- Taking the initiative to suggest ideas for improvement of yours or others’ approaches in an appropriate way.
- Learning new procedures and seeking to exploit new technologies and helping colleagues to do the same.
Making Effective Decisions
- An ability to speak with relevant people in order to obtain the most accurate information and seek advice when unable to proceed.
- Monitor and store critical data securely and accurately, confidentially and responsibly.
Leading and Communicating
- Listen to, understand, respect and accept the value of different views, ideas and ways of working.
- Put forward your own ideas in a clear and constructive manner, choosing an appropriate communication method.
Collaborating and Partnering
- Readily identify opportunities to share knowledge, information and learning and make progress by working with others, and other organisations.
- Proactively seek others with whom collaboration would deliver benefit.
Building Capability for All
- Take responsibility for quality of your own work and seek opportunities for improvement through continuous improvement.
- Take account of the diverse contributions of team members.
Achieving Commercial Outcomes
- Recognise factors which contribute to achievement of commercial outcome and proactively support them.
- Gather and use evidence to assess the costs, benefits and risks of a range of delivery options.
Delivering value for money
- Understand that all actions have a cost and choose the most effective way to do something in a resource efficient way.
- Handle numbers confidently, collating information ensuring accuracy of data.
Managing a Quality Service
- Work with team to set priorities, create clear plans and manage own work to meet the needs of the delivery teams.
- Communicate in a way which meets and anticipates the customer’s requirements and promotes an effective view of SVGC.
SOME REASONS TO JOIN SVGC
- Opportunity to play a significant part within a small business from the outset.
- Joining unique projects to learn, grow and excel, by learning on-the-job, learning from others and through formal learning.
- Work in a supportive culture with access to a wide range of people to support your development – with professional qualifications and mentoring to help you steer your career in your chosen direction.
- Be at the forefront of innovation and the heart of the digital revolution in globally important organisations.
- Earn a competitive salary, with 28 days holiday plus bank holidays and the ability to design a flexible benefits package to meet your personal needs.
- SVGC is based in Wiltshire but you will be based in Milton Keynes but many of the team visit MK for at least a couple of days a week, so you won’t be isolated.
- SVGC provides and active approach to professional development with a centrally funded budget including full scope of EdX courses available to all our staff.
- Coaching and mentoring is provided utilising the best experience across our collaborative partnership to provide a wide range of formal and informal accelerated development.
- Entitlement to join the company Medical Insurance scheme.
- Additional Health related benefits.
- IT and Mobile Phone.
- Starting Salary at Grade F2 of £60,900 to £65,975
– (other ranges considered based on individual skills).
- Entitlement to join the company Pension scheme.
- Company performance bonus scheme.
HOW CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED
- Work history review
- Triage Interview followed by 2nd interview including presentation on relevant topic
Technical criteria: 50%
Cultural criteria: 30%
Please make an initial application using the form below. You will then be contacted to request any additional information including your CV.