PRINCIPAL TECHNICAL CONSULTANT – DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
An exciting and varied opportunity to help support delivery and strategic direction of SVGC’s Digital Transformation programmes into UK government departments. The post holder will work in collaboration with customers, the SVGC delivery teams, senior management and industrial and academic partners to help deliver existing projects and products and help define new ones.
You will work in a supportive culture with access to a wide range of people to support your development, with professional qualifications and mentoring to help you steer your career in your chosen direction.
Be at the heart of the digital revolution working with globally important organisations.
Earn a competitive salary, with 28 days holiday plus bank holidays and the ability to design a flexible benefits package to meet your personal needs.
SVGC is based in Wiltshire but you will be operating partly from home and partly in various locations including London, Milton Keynes and on the M4 corridor.
Permanent position only.
You will be…
- Able to take ownership for engagement with clients to elicit and capture functional and non-functional requirements and associated verification criteria.
- Able to demonstrate leadership skills, linking skills, stakeholder management, problem solving and effective challenge of clients.
Pro-active in the generation and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Able to drive the technical delivery of software and solution development projects to the satisfaction of the customer/client working closely with project and programme management.
- Proven in your ability to perform effective analysis and generate high-level solution architectures and business process designs.
Comfortable generating 18-24 month technical implementation plans.
- Able to design and execute technical workshops and explore solutions with clients.
- Self-motivated with the ability to identify priorities and manage multiple workloads and contributions to projects.
- Have excellent communication skills, along with a high level of technical expertise and a genuine passion for technology.
- An individual with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a consultancy role, with significant exposure to technology evolution and deployment.
- Experienced in customer facing hands-on solution design, development and implementation.
- Able to get to know the full breadth of capabilities of the business in order to bring forward the skills and knowledge required to achieve success.
- Able to work in a team and with external collaborators.
- Comfortable creating, providing and delivering training and knowledge transfer internally and for clients in the deployed solution.
- An individual with a range of proven methodologies able to be utilised in achieving the solution development.
You will have…
- Ability to make all stakeholders feel valued.
- Attention to detail with a methodical and professional approach to solution design and implementation.
- Confident to steward stakeholders through active listening and collaborative planning.
- Contribute as a team member supporting other workstreams.
- Strong analytical skills for technical and project performance analysis and reporting (e.g. using Microsoft Project).
- Strong, demonstrable, rapid written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong configuration control approach and pro-active approach to documentation.
- The willingness to apply for UK Security Clearance (SC) as a minimum.
- Comfortable in inviting challenge and where appropriate involving others in decision making.
- Numeric degree which includes some exposure to software development.
- Experience of Project Management in Defence & Security and/or other Government Departments including Agile and/or Scaled Agile.
- Experience in Software development or Systems Engineering standards.
- Experience managing software Secure Development and Operations (DevSecOps).
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Experience with Requirements Management and familiarity with relational databases.
SVGC CULTURAL FIT CRITERIA
Seeing the Big Picture
- An ability to focus on the goals and overall intent rather than just individual tasks.
- Taking an active interest in expanding your own knowledge.
Changing and Improving
- Taking the initiative to suggest ideas for improvement of yours or others’ approaches
in an appropriate way.
- Learning new procedures and seeking to exploit new technologies and helping colleagues to do the same.
Making Effective Decisions
- An ability to speak with relevant people in order to obtain the most accurate information and seek advice when unable to proceed.
- Monitor and store critical data securely and accurately, confidentially and responsibly.
Leading and Communicating
- Listen to, understand, respect and accept the value of different views, ideas and ways of working.
- Put forward your own ideas in a clear and constructive manner, choosing an appropriate communication method.
Collaborating and Partnering
- Readily identify opportunities to share knowledge, information and learning and make progress by working with others, and other organisations.
- Proactively seek others with whom collaboration would deliver benefit.
Building Capability for All
- Take responsibility for quality of your own work and seek opportunities for improvement through continuous improvement.
Take account of the diverse contributions of team members.
Achieving Commercial Outcomes
- Recognise factors which contribute to achievement of commercial outcomes and proactively support them.
- Gather and use evidence to assess the costs, benefits and risks of a range of delivery options.
Delivering value for money
- Understand that all actions have a cost and choose the most effective way to do something in a resource efficient way.
- Handle numbers confidently, collating information ensuring accuracy of data.
Managing a Quality Service
- Work with team to set priorities, create clear plans and manage own work to meet the needs of the delivery teams.
- Communicate in a way which meets and anticipates the customer’s requirements and
promotes an effective view of SVGC.
SVGC provides an active approach to professional development with a centrally funded budget available to all our staff. Coaching and mentoring is provided utilising the best experience across our collaborative partnership to provide a wide range of formal and informal accelerated development.
- Entitlement to join the company Medical Insurance scheme.
- Additional Health related benefits.
- IT and Mobile Phone.
- Starting Salary (employed) SVGC F1 (£59,733 to £65,163) based on individual skills and experience.
- Entitlement to join the company Pension scheme.
- Company performance bonus scheme.
HOW CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED
- Work history review.
- Triage Interview followed by Second interview including presentation on relevant topic.
Technical criteria: 50%
Cultural criteria: 30%
Please make an initial application using the form below. You will then be contacted to request any additional information including your CV.