Senior Requirements Engineer
SENIOR REQUIREMENTS ENGINEER
An exciting opportunity to join an experienced team providing senior requirements engineering for significant public sector procurement.
Permanent Position only. Part-time considered.
You will be…
- A systems engineer with significant experience of requirements engineering and/or test, evaluation and acceptance planning and management
- Someone who is comfortable with using systems engineering toolsets and/or modelling methods for describing customer demand and analysing supplier performance
- A graduate with a strong mathematical background likely to have a degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or similar
- Someone who can conceive, establish, manage and maintain client-centred relationships with strong communication skills
- Adaptive and Flexible in your consultative style with proven persuasion and effective challenge
- Someone who recognises and respects and ideally is experienced in the need and process for public sector scrutiny of major procurement
- Be willing to fully engage, be supportive and take on the challenges of working cross- functionally with a wide variety.
- Able to build your own network of contacts, share your knowledge and network for mutual benefit, be a fast learner, be willing to make mistakes and get things done.
- A Thought Leader – we want you to be inspiring and in return we will offer the freedom to turn your ideas into reality.
In this role, you are likely to be working with approaches such as …
- Integrated Requirements Engineering
- Systems engineering modelling and architectures and frameworks (such as TOGAF)
- Tools such as DOORS and other life-cycle management toolsets
You will have …
- Strong systems and/or requirements engineering skills
- Strong analytical skills for performance analysis and reporting
- Strong, demonstrable, rapid written and verbal communication skills
- Degree (or equivalent) in numerate subjects such as, Mathematic, Engineering or Physics
- Confident and familiar with public sector procurement methods and scrutiny
- Confident and familiar with a range of tools such as Excel, PowerBI, DOORS, ICE
- Strong configuration control approach and pro-active approach to documentation
- Strong client-centred stakeholder management
- The willingness and ability to gain UK Security Clearance (SC) as a minimum
- Willingness to take managed risks and assess impact effectively
- Comfort in inviting challenge and where appropriate involving others in decision making
- The ability to act as a role model and encourage/coach and mentor others
- The ability to identify and address team or individual capability requirements and gaps to deliver current and future work
- Experience in following appropriate financial procedures to monitor contracts to ensure deliverables are achieved.
- Some database development skills such as experience with object-oriented databases and structured query languages
- Demonstrable new business development and successful bidding experience
- Modelling and architectural skills and wide range of toolset experience.
CULTURAL FIT CRITERIA
– Seeing the Big Picture
- An ability to focus on the goals and overall intent rather than just individual tasks
- Taking an active interest in expanding your own knowledge
– Changing and Improving
- Taking the initiative to suggest ideas for improvement of yours or others’ approaches
in an appropriate way
- Learning new procedures and seeking to exploit new technologies and helping colleagues to do the same
– Making Effective Decisions
- An ability to speak with relevant people in order to obtain the most accurate information and seek advice when unable to proceed
- Monitor and store critical data securely and accurately, confidentially and responsibly
– Leading and Communicating
- Listen to, understand, respect and accept the value of different views, ideas and ways of working
- Put forward your own ideas in a clear and constructive manner, choosing an appropriate communication method
– Collaborating and Partnering
- Readily identify opportunities to share knowledge, information and learning and make progress by working with others, and other organisations
- Proactively seek others with whom collaboration would deliver benefit
Building Capability for All
- Take responsibility for quality of your own work and seek opportunities for improvement through continuous improvement
- Take account of the diverse contributions of team members
– Achieving Commercial Outcomes
- Recognise factors which contribute to achievement of commercial outcome and proactively support them
- Gather and use evidence to assess the costs, benefits and risks of a range of delivery options
– Delivering value for money
- Understand that all actions have a cost and choose the most effective way to do something in a resource efficient way
- Handle numbers confidently, collating information ensuring accuracy of data
– Managing a Quality Service
- Work with team to set priorities, create clear plans and manage own work to meet the needs of the delivery teams
- Communicate in a way which meets and anticipates the customer’s requirements and
promotes an effective view of SVGC
SOME REASONS TO JOIN SVGC
- Opportunity to play a significant part within a small business.
- Joining unique projects to learn, grow and excel, by learning on-the-job, learning from others and through formal learning.
- Work in a supportive culture with access to a wide range of people to support your development – with professional qualifications and mentoring to help you steer your career in your chosen direction. Be at the heart of the digital revolution in globally important organisations.
- Earn a competitive salary, with 28 days holiday plus bank holidays and the ability to design a flexible benefits package to meet your personal needs.
- SVGC is based in Wiltshire but you will be operating partly from home and partly in various locations mainly on the M4 corridor.
SVGC provides and active approach to professional development with a centrally funded budget including full scope of EdX courses available to all our staff. Coaching and mentoring is provided utilising the best experience across our collaborative partnership to provide a wide range of formal and informal accelerated development.
- Entitlement to join the company Medical Insurance scheme.
- Additional Health related benefits.
- IT and Mobile Phone.
- Starting Salary (employed) SVGC E1 to F2 grade (£46,588 to £67,294) based on individual skills
- Entitlement to join the company Pension scheme
- Company performance bonus scheme
HOW CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED
- Work history review
Technical criteria: 50%
Cultural criteria: 30%
Please make an initial application using the form below. You will then be contacted to request any additional information including your CV.